This is the name of a book on introverts by Susan Cain
apparently 30-50% of the population are self-proclaimed introverts.
The rest of us are just trying to figure out who we are
these people are spectacularly creative, wise and I am only going to guess, very good listeners
All I know is I have never taken the test but I do remember hearing that the definition of an extrovert is someone who gets into bed after a party thinking “Gee, I think I did all the talking” YUP. That pretty much sums it up.
so I took the introvert test just for fun- see how you do-
- When I need to rest, I prefer to spend time alone or with one or two other people rather than with a group. YES
- I feel anxious if I have a deadline or pressure to finish a project. Sometimes but I like that feeling
- People sometimes say I’m aloof, quiet, and calm – and hard to get to know. Yes and no- I have been called aloof but it has been a long time and I think it was shyness. Lately, I feel like an open book. ( I wonder why)
- I usually think first before talking – I rarely blurt my thoughts without editing them in my head. NEVER. My pic is under BLURT in the dictionary. Need to work on this.
- I sometimes react strongly to smells, touches, tastes, sounds, and people. YES but in a good way. I feel none of this is wasted on me. However you may find yourself speeding on the DVP because the fall leaves are so fabulous, or rear ending someone because of the lovely little droplets that form on your windshield.
Introverted Personality Traits at Work or Home
- When I work on work or home projects, I like to have large uninterrupted chunks of time. I love being interrupted. That is why I leave my door open.
- I write notes to myself before having conversations with people. What? See blurt factor above
- I like to share special occasions with just one person, or a few close friends, rather than a large group of people. YES
- I notice details that others don’t see, such as facial expressions or movements. YES. Totally
- If I say I will do something, I almost always do it. TRYING always to improve on this
- I can zone out if too much is going on. YES AND NO
- It takes me time to sort through large amounts of information, such as reports at work or long stories from friends. YES to the first half and especially ‘how to’ manuals- I feel like I am reading Mandarin and no to the second half- if your story is good I will remember it forever
- I often dread returning phone calls. NOPE.
- My mind sometimes goes blank when I’m asked a question or caught off guard. NOPE.
Introverted Personality Traits in Social Situations
- I don’t enjoy being the center of attention or in the spotlight. I love attention but not the spotlight
- Groups of people make me uncomfortable or nervous. NOPE
- I sometimes rehearse things before speaking. WTF? However that might be a good strategy considering the foot in mouth aspect of blurt
- In general, I prefer to listen to other people over talking. UMMM that depends – are they interesting?
- I don’t like hugely stimulating experiences, such as rides at an amusement park. Scared to death of heights but love stimulating experiences that don’t require the possibility of painful death or peeing in pants or throwing up
- I have few friends, but they’re very close to me. I am rich in friends
- I feel drained after social situations, even when I have a good time. I feel pumped and charged and can hardly sleep
- I like to watch a group or activity for a while before I join in. Always jump in way before I should or have the skills to properly participate
- When people have an argument or heated discussion, I notice the tension in the air. I love tension, and heated discussion as long as it does not get ugly and no one loses an eye